The Coalition of Jamaican Alumni Associations of Florida (CJAAF) Inc., a charitable organization, was founded in 2010 by Rupert Rhodd PhD and Sandra Schrouder PhD, as an umbrella organization for Jamaican alumni associations in Florida.
It was created to assist in the dissemination of information about Jamaican alumni associations registered in the State of Florida and to help in the unification and streamlining of activities of these associations..
CJAAF Inc. was founded to keep the Jamaican community in Florida informed about matters pertaining to Jamaican alumni associations in Florida, and issues relating to the development of education in Jamaica. It will serve as a central repository for information on Jamaican alumni associations in Florida. Like the associations that fall under its umbrella, CJAAF, Inc., is also dedicated to the improvement of educational opportunities for students in Jamaica as well as those that have migrated to the United States of America, and to the improvement of communities in Florida.
Aims & Objectives
- To be involved in, support, and promote community development in Florida and the United States.
- To provide financial and volunteer assistance to students and educational institutions in Jamaica and Florida, as well as students that have migrated to the United States of America.
- To keep the Jamaican community in Florida informed about matters pertaining to Jamaican alumni associations registered in the State of Florida, and issues relating to the development of education in Jamaica.
- To serve as a central repository for information on Jamaican alumni associations in Florida.
- To help in the unification and streamlining of activities of Jamaican Alumni Associations in Florida.
- To foster, through periodic seminars, social and entertainment activities, a spirit of fellowship, and cooperation among and between Jamaican alumni associations in the United States.
- To further, by directed studies, research and publication, knowledge of Jamaican alumni associations, and to promote through seminars and general cooperation with other organizations or individuals similarly interested, the philosophies, attitudes and culture of Jamaica.
SAVE THE DATE!!!
ALL ALUMNI ASSOCIATIONS' WALKATHON
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2017
Steps for Donating Supplies to your Alma Mater
Many alumni associations have experienced difficulties when they try to ship supplies to their alma mater. When the Minister of Education visited South Florida in 2012, he outlined the steps in the document linked to this information box. Since then, some organizations have reported a much smoother process after following the steps outlined in the document